Internships / Experiential Training Programme 2020 / 2021
External applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in joining Rand Water to apply for gaining experiential training in the following fields/disciplines:
Fields of study:
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to:
• Applicants with matric and have successfully completed the two years of theoretical training as required for a National Diploma in Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
• Applicants that are South African Citizens and have a valid SA ID Document.
• Applicants that are under the age of 30 (in line with the NSDS III).
• Applicants that have not participated in previous experiential learning programmes and require the experience to fulfill the requirements of a National Diploma in
Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
• Basic Principles of ISO 17025
• Collecting samples for water quality analysis.
• Preparation of media, chemicals, reagents, and samples received, for the area of work.
• Performing analytical analysis of samples received.
• The documentation and checking of results on the identified databases.
• Performance of, and documentation of, all quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
• Undertaking and documentation of maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, biological cultures, and test kits and ensure that they are correctly maintained.
• The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
How to Apply
The application must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered).
• Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Recommendation letter from the Tertiary training institute verifying that you must only complete the one-year training in the workplace environment
• Certified copies of your ID Document
• Certified copies of your training record including the academic transcript