Lancet Phlebotomy Learnerships 2020
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Student Phlebotomy Technician. This is a Fixed Term
Learnership Contract position based at KZN.
To develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills, and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment
• Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
• Computer literate
• Phlebotomy procedures and processes
Key performance areas
- A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patients or donors.
- Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training.
- After successful completion of the 24-month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations.
• Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
• Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
• Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
• Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care
How to Apply
Location: Kwazulu Natal
Apply Online for Lancet: Learnership Kwazulu Natal
Location: Western Cape
Apply Online for Lancet: Learnership in Western Cape