An opportunity has become available for an enrolled nurse in the donor collections department. The Incumbent will be responsible for the collection of sufficient, safe, quality / low-risk blood according to relevant SOPs
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas:
• Assists in inefficient clinic preparation and closure to achieve blood collection targets.
• Ensures that donor registration is undertaken professionally, accurately, promptly, and in a friendly manner.
• Undertakes Basic Physical Check/ Assessment to correctly assess donor suitability for Donations.
• Ensure that Phlebotomy procedures are undertaken professionally according to Standard Operating Procedures and in a friendly manner.
• General Administrative Duties.
• Ensures that Clinics are supervised professionally and according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Job Specific Requirements
• Works under supervision (direct or indirect) of Clinic Supervisor, or designated deputy.
• Incumbent may be required to drive a company vehicle from time to time as per operational requirements.
• May be required to travel with overnight stays
• Must be prepared to work overtime, weekends and variable hours within prescribed limits and conditions
• The incumbent will be required to be on his/her feet for a lengthy period, to carry loads of up to 14kg and assist with loading and off-loading vehicles and able to climb stairs within reason.
Analytical thinking and attention to detail
Customer Service orientation
Planning, organizing, and monitoring
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Registered Enrolled Nurse
• Code 8 Drivers license
• Current registration with SANC.
• Current CPR certificate – training will be provided by SANBS if the incumbent is not in possession of the current certificate. To be renewed as required
How to apply
All SANBS career opportunities are managed using PNET careers portal.
Do you require help with the registration process? Contact our PNET Support team on 0861 22 7337 / 0861 CAREER or email: firstname.lastname@example.org