The SAPS has an opportunity for a Social Worker.
Reference number: NC EHW 2/07/2020
• Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
• Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and an applicable three-year Diploma / Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF level 6 or higher;
• Be (proficient) in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
• Must be a SA citizen;
• Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
• Computer Literacy;
• Interpersonal, communication, and Organizational Skills;
• Analytical, Self-Management and Problem-Solving Skills;
• Report Writing, presentation, development skills;
• Be in possession of at least a valid light driver’s license;
• Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification;
• Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage
• Render Social Work Services to the client system by means of Social Work Services’ Proactive interventions to SAPS members and their families.
• Ensure the rendering of Social Work Services to the client system by means of Restorative Interventions and application of Social Work Community, Group, and Case Work Models.
• Work within a Multi-disciplinary Employee Health and Wellness Team.
• Compile and submit feedback report per Social Work Programme presented to the allocated Division / Cluster.
• Facilitate/observe health and wellness events per allocation Division / Cluster.
• Present information, education, and other communication initiatives (IEC) per allocated Division / Cluster conduct debrief of SAPS employees and family members.
• A recognized four (4) years Social Work Degree recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least an NQF 6 or Higher Level.
• Must have good Interpersonal skills, presentation skills, group work, and casework facilitation skills, professional clinical report writing skills, and computer skills (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Office Outlook).
• Registered as a Social Worker with the SA Council for Social Service Professions and submit proof (certified copy) of a valid registration for the financial year 2020/2021.
• Two years of social work experience within substance abuse, gender-based violence, and generic wellness environment will serve as an added advantage
How to apply
Only the official application form will be accepted (Download the form above or obtain from SAPS
recruitment offices). The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
• The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
• A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
• Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate, and all educational
qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post, and motor vehicle driver’s license.
Reference number: NC EHW 2/07/2020
Complete applications must be Hand-delivered or Posted to:
The Provincial Head Human Resource Management
Recruitment Office: Appointments
Private Bag X 5001
19 George Street (locked silver container at the entrance)
Closing date: 24 July 2020
Inquiries: can be directed to Lt Col Shivuri / W/O Botha / CAC Stonga /PO Syfers / PO Moorcroft / 053
839 3776 / 3724 / 2516 / 2513 / 2511
• Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
• The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
• Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
• Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
• If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical
• Reference checking will be conducted on all shortlisted applicants.
• Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law
(Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005
(Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or
Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
• All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
• Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful