The department of Hospitality, Tourism and PR, Vaal University of Technology, through the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme (NESP) is seeking to recruit individuals with demonstrated academic ability and have a passion in following the academic career. The NESP Scholarship/Internship is an initiative of the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills,
• excellent teaching skills,
• planning and organising skills,
• conceptual skills,
• analytical ability,
• interpersonal skills
• problem solving skills
• South African citizen
• Must be aged 35 years or Younger
The following Internship Opportunities are open for applications:
Tourism Management Grade / Intern
• A BTech (Honours) degree in Tourism Management with a minimum average of 60% attained in the Honours or BTech qualification
Structural Engineering Grade / Intern
• A BSc/BEng (Honours) degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering specialty) or a BTech degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering specialty) with a minimum average of 70% attained in the Honours or BTech
Sport Management Grade / Intern
• Matric plus 5-year vertical qualification with specialisation in relevant teaching field (Sport Management, Sport Science, Leisure / Recreation Science, Humanities of Sport or related fields).
• An appropriate Honours degree / BTech National Diploma in Sport Management or related field with a minimum average of 70% attained.
• Research experience.
• Accreditation/Membership with relevant professional bodies in Sport would be a recommendation
Nursing Grade / Intern
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (e.g. B Cur I et A or equivalent Nursing Education / Management
• Clinical Specialization in Midwifery/ Nursing Science/ Community, will be an added advantage
• At least 3 – 5 years previous working experience as a registered nurse
• 1 – 2 years in the nursing education field (higher education will be an advantage)
• Registered at the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse with Midwifery
• Ability to work under pressure, deadline driven and multi-tasking
• Possession of a Code B Drivers Licence (ability to drive a manual car will be an added advantage)
How to Apply
The application must be accompanied by a CV, identity document and ORIGINAL certified copies (not older than 3 months) of educational qualification. Indicate the position you are applying for in the Email
Submit CV by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
Hand deliver to: Carmen Titus at B103
• Submission of such copies entitles Vaal University of Technology to authenticate the qualification without any
further consent from the applicant.
• Candidates with foreign qualification must also submit the South African equivalent of the qualification.
• These qualification are evaluated by SAQA.
Vaal University of Technology is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which is
committed to the implementation of its employment equity plan. Therefore, people from designated
groups are encouraged to apply.