- A SAQA recognized undergraduate or equivalent qualification (NQF Level 7)
- A minimum of 5 years appropriate experience at middle/senior managerial level in the private or public sector.
- Certificate in Public Service senior Management leadership Process
- Knowledge Management,
- Service Delivery Innovation
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Client Orientation and Customer Focus
Required Core Competencies:
- Strategic Capacity and Leadership
- People Management and Empowerment
- Financial Management, Change Management, Programme and project
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent writing skills Knowledge and understanding of public service policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the functioning of Government.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have the ability to execute research and analyse complex information to compile documents.
- Co-ordinate and integrate the activities of the office.
- Work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Render administrative support services in the office of the DG.
- Set up and maintain systems that will contribute towards improving efficiency in the office.
- Oversee and advice on the effective flow of information, Incoming and outgoing documents.
- Summarise all incoming documents on behalf of the DG.
- Manage and maintain a well-functioning document record system.
- Develop presentations and briefing notes for the Director-General.
- Successful candidate must be able to write reports for DG.
- Manage secretariat services effectively, including coordination of Manco and EXCO meetings.
- Summarise content on Cabinet memos and FOSAD packs on behalf of the DG.
- Act as a direct point of contact for all external stakeholders including Cabinet office, Portfolio committee, Ministry, Government Departments and entities.
- Ensure that all briefings on the departmental performance to all oversight bodies are managed effectively.
- Manager Financial, Human and Physical resources in the
DG’s office. Manage PMDS process for DG and Staff.
- Manage staff in the office of the DG.
- Ensure DG’s compliance to statutory responsibilities in terms of
PFMA and PSA.
Ms Z Ngwenya Tel No: (012) 473 0472
Preference will be given to African male/female candidates
The DG of Government Communication and Information System, Private Bag
X 745, Pretoria 0001, or hand deliver to Tshedimosetso House, 1035 cnr
Francis Baard & Festival streets, Hatfield, Pretoria.
FOR ATTENTION : Mr S Matshageng
NOTE : Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents.
The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as originally certified copies of all academic qualification(s) including the matric certificate and ID-document.