Employer: Amazon Web Services
The Area Security Manager Sub-Saharan Africa is accountable for all elements of the Corporate Security program at all Amazon corporate locations in the Sub Saharan Africa cluster and provides subject matter expertise to other company sites within the Western Hemisphere region as required.
The Area Security Manager responsibilities include ensuring that the corporate sites within the cluster meet the corporate security standards, conducting security audits and inspections, providing security consultancy to local business teams, investigating reports of thefts/breaches and fraud within the cluster or Western Hemisphere as required, developing plans to mitigate any gaps in the security controls, maintaining working relationships with law enforcement and security industry peers, managing the guarding and access control programs, developing crisis response plans, and coordinating the installation/maintenance of the physical security system. This position is based in South Africa and reports to the Regional Security Manager (RSM).
This position will provide expertise to support the development of Crisis Management and Resiliency plans. The Area Security Manager is expected to drive the corporate security within the cluster and their success will be based in large part on their ability to build collaborative relationships with their peers on the Facilities Management, Business Continuity, and Corporate Safety teams.
The Area Security Manager is a new position and much of their time will initially be focused on:
• Building working relationships with peer groups and internal customers
• Supporting BIAs and leading tabletop exercises
• Conducting site security audits and inspections
• Drafting detailed reports
• Developing plans to close any potential gaps in the security controls
• Performing BC plan reviews
• Creating and maintaining budgets
• Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of the guard force
• Developing security service and security integrator vendor relationships
• Supporting security design and operations at new facilities
• Writing detailed work orders
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior or managerial role in Corporate Security
• An understanding on employment legislation relating to the provision of Security staff across this region, and their potential moves between providers.
• Experience in the field of Business Continuity/Incident Management
• Experience of dealing with information and intelligence, interpreting security threats and risks and management of investigations
• Appropriate knowledge of current security technology
• Experience managing service providers and vendors
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills).
• Understanding of crisis operations, risk management, and crisis communication.
• Ability to manage tactical (daily) operations and participate in development of strategic program plans.
• Results-oriented person with strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are critical, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze semi-quantitatively, problem-solve, scope
• Technical/process requirements, and prioritize tasks.
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise.
• Experienced in corporate security for a global company.
• Experience writing and publishing security standards.
• Strong working knowledge of physical security systems and components.
• Skilled in developing metrics and in conducting security related trend analysis.
• Ability to develop and deliver security awareness training programs.
• Advanced skills in all Microsoft products.
• Ability to travel 50% of the time with little to no notice.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Master’s Degree (or higher) in Criminal Justice, Security, Law Enforcement, Business Management, Accounting or equivalent education or experience
• CPP, PSP, CISSP or similar certification
• CFE Certification.
• Experience implementing and managing enterprise BC solutions/programs.
• Experience with the collection and analysis of threat intelligence.
• Experience with Black Hat Physical Penetration Testing.
• Ability to speak multiple languages that are common in the region is a plus.
How to Apply
Applications can be forwarded to Amazon Web Services offices : 78 Roeland St, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
Should you not hear from Us within 2 weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.