HS 36/20 Clinical Psychologist
- A Masters degree in Clinical Psychology
- at least 2 years work experience (including completed internship
and community service)
- Current valid registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Health
Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Experience in culturally diverse settings and proficiency in at least 2
of the official languages of South Africa
- A valid driver’s licence
- Experience in primary health care services is desirable.
Key Performance Area
- Provide primary care mental health psychology interventions for
patients, including diagnosis, counselling and therapeutic
interventions at various clinics
- Conduct patient psychometric assessments and generate reports
for use in clinical and educational settings (limited to availability of
tests and other resources)
- Participate in the clinic-based HIV/TB multidisciplinary team meeting
- Provide support to staff to ensure a coordinated approach to City
Health primary care mental health services
- Advocate for appropriate mental health services for patients in
- Perform several job-related administrative duties, including the
writing of patient reports and analyzing data.
How to Apply
Address: T20-06, 4 Dorp St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of
appointment is received within three months of the closing date,
they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.