Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe.
This position will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain various Safety, Quality and Environmental solutions for the specific region under his/her control. The individual will direct and lead all operations management, to ensure safety, quality and environmental compliance is implemented and maintained. The individual will Influence regional leaders to adhere to the company’s strategic ZeroHarm and customer satisfaction objectives to meet legal and local
- Implement and drive continuous improvement processes to meet safety objectives.
- Responsible for all safety related matters and initiatives i.e. SEMP/GAP audits, monthly safety meetings, minutes and reports, all safety projects i.e. staff segregation initiatives for CHEP Plants, HIRA’s, Investigations, Near Miss reports are effectively compiled, presented, allocated and completed to pre-set targets, parameters and standards. [All off- site (TEMS/TPM) facilities fall within this area of responsibility.
- This includes all safety administration and accurate feedback to the relevant manager/s within set time parameters on a daily, weekly, monthly basis in accordance with the safety compliances required by/for: GAP/SEMP audit purposes
- Monitor and track closure of resultant corrective actions where local environmental obligations are concerned
- Administers all Supplier and Visitor inductions are conducted and signed off according to the set Induction Programme. Records are filed.
- Lead on behalf of the Plant Manager, the SHE/SEMP reports and Sustainability reports
- Lead, Monitor and track progress of CCAR/Risk reports submitted and submit feedback for safety meetings.
- Record and maintain records of all HIRA`s on the designated register and update Plant Manager monthly on review requirements
- Provide minutes of all Management and Safety Committee meetings and Cell-C meetings
- Drive and monitor recordkeeping of all non-compliances for customers and contractors.
- Review and guide all safety committees at multiple sites in this positions scope
- Review and Monitor all corrective actions that are recorded on a tracker system i.e. HIRA +, BSI, surveys, OHS Plan, Investigation CA, risk assessments CA, etc. and monitored for close off. Discussed with plant management, Safety Committee and Cell C meetings
- Reports accurately on Regions monthly progress to SHE Manager and ROM
- Be an active participant in H.O.P Learning teams and track action close offs within region of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with Local and Regional Government Regulations and Acts, Group Procedures and Policies.
- Lead and facilitate on all incident investigations and risk analyses to completion with inclusion of the local Safety Specialist.
- Reduce plant BIFR by identifying root causes to drive better learning to minimise or negate the opportunity for incident repetition – action close out, accuracy of data and incident learning throughout the region
- Ensure regular review of all SOP’s and SWI’s against company standards and legislation thus ensuring that they are still applicable to purpose.
- Extraction of ICARE events for data analysis and reporting.Quality
- Implement and drive continuous improvement processes to meet quality objectives across CHEP and Third-Party Plants.
- Review and track plant inbound raw material Quality and report on Supplier compliance.
- Review and track PQS performance to drive Total, Structural and Cosmetic compliance.
- Track and report on GMP Audits status of findings raised within the Region.
- Ensure GMP-QMS documents are of the latest level in use within plants and adhered to
- by responsible personnel.
- Ensure regional quality performance and standards are maintained in accordance with national requirements.
- Co-ordinate complaint reduction program by ensuring Corrective Action Reports raised against sites within the Region are addressed timeously together with supporting documentation as evidence of actions taken.
- Champion the applicable region for all training centres to ensure that the desired competency levels are achieved to ensure that the desired safety and quality are achieved.
- Track, organize and record all training and the relevant certification of the site allocated by utilising the training tracker report.
- Develop and implement various initiatives that includes statutory training as well as practical on the job training programs.
- Lead contractor’s induction system together with plant supervision and recording of all work permits.
- Lead and drive all Schedule medical testing, surveys, training, meetings, simulations, etc
- Communicate and document changes to procedures relating to OHSE and system changes.
Safety Management Diploma
Quality Management Diploma
5 Years working experience within a SHEQ role / plant environment.
Certificate – Risk Management
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 – 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer
please send your applications to us at email@example.com.