A FMCG Firm Based in Aeroton South Of Johannesburg Looking for an experienced Toolroom Manager preferably a BEE candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine the required staff complement to adequately man the department
- Recruit and appoint staff as required
- Planning daily, weekly and monthly workloads
- Planning all shutdown work annually
- Ensuring that discipline is maintained in the Department
- Ensuring that the required initial required initial and continuing training of Department personnel is provided and the effectiveness is evaluated
- Developing key personnel to function effectively and ensuring adequate back-up and succession planning within the Mechanical (Tool room) Workshop
- Establishing Personal Development Plan
- Preparing Expenses and Capex budgets for the financial year in line with the Company Strategic Plan
- Approving Mechanical (tool room) Department – Projects Budgets in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
- Monitoring and controlling the Mechanical (Tool room) Department – Projects monthly expenditure to ensure us of adequate financial resources
- Ensuring that cGMP per the AICC (PTY) Ltd requirements are applied in all areas where appropriate
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are conducted and the necessary safety measures implemented
- Continually improving the effectiveness of the AICC Quality Management System
- Ensuring that the necessary Corrective action is taken to eliminate the cause of non-conformities in order to prevent recurrence
- Ensuring that potential non-conformities are eliminated to prevent their occurrence
- Interpret/ correct Engineering drawings
- Able to draw drawings from Solid Works or CAD.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- N6 Fitter Turner (Machinist)/ tool maker
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Fitter & Turner/Tool maker on similar equipment, 3 years supervisory experience.
Preferably a BEE candidate