G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Vault Officer based at our operations in Vredendal and Swellendam, Western Cape.
Main Purpose of Position
To ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained, with optimum efficiency and ensuring traceability of cash containers/items entering, and leaving the vault department. Responsible for receiving cash in containers for hand over to the bank tellers to ensure cash is secured and packed into vault if necessary for overnight storage.
Key Performance Areas
Execute day to day operations within vault operations
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading and/or unloading of CIT and ATM vehicles.
- Responsible for the distribution of receipt, moneybags, receipts, daily routes, route keys and schedules to CIT crew.
- Efficient operation of issuing and receiving containers, valuable items and documentation necessary for the operational function of the branch.
- Use the e-Viper system at all times for audit trail purposes, for all cash/containers/items.
- Responsible for the proper use of mechanical handling equipment.
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to support all Cash Vault services.
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to support all Cash Processing Centre services.
- Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bays(s).
- To manage the relationship between the Vault and CPC departments in particular and liaise internally with other branch staff and departments to achieve and maintain an effective and efficient vault operation.
- To maintain a daily security log including a record of visitors and incidents.
- To identify, record and report any vault defects to Vault Controller and ensure that such defects do not comprise the security of the branch.
- To ensure that all internal security checks are carried out in accordance with the company procedures.
- To escalate reported security and/or procedural failings to the Vault Controller.
- To ensure that all keys, forms, and documentation are secured at all times.
- Ensure that a full and correct hand/take- over is completed at the end of shift.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Issue, receive and maintain the security of all keys held within the secure area.
- Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
- Receive consignments of cash for handover to bank tellers.
- Secure cash consignments as per company procedures and deliver the consignments to the bank.
- Responsible to obtain the necessary paperwork from Floor controllers within the bank.
- Verify consignments as per procedures before signing receipt thereof.
- Report any discrepancy to the Vault Controller.
- Perform duties related to the management of cash floats in the vault.
- Receive and handover floats to Cash Processing Centre.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks.
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
- Discuss all safety incidents.
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management.
- Attend safety education and refresher programs.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace.
- Distribute safety information as and when required.
- Wear protective clothing all the time.
- Grade 12 with mathematics and/or accounting.
- PSIRA Grade C and CIT.
- Firearm competency advantageous.
- 1 – 3 years cash/vault/CIT operations experience would be preferred.
- Basic knowledge of processes and procedures in the banking environment.
- Handling bulk cash and coin.
- Basic accounting principles.
Skills and Attributes
- Flexibility in terms of working hours will be required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to interact well.
- Required to regularly lift and/move containers/cash coin trolleys with assistance.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Understanding the organizational environment.
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Dealing with changing circumstances.
- Supporting and working with others.
- Delivering objectives.
- Dealing with complexity.
- Acting professionally.
- Delivering great customer service.
- Sharing and co-operating.
Package & Remuneration
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Send Your Applications to:
Cnr Jean Avenue & Olivenhoutbosch Avenue, 0028 Gauteng, South Africa