National formerly known as Chubb is a 100% South African owned company and proud to be associated with “Proudly South African”. National is one of the most recognised security companies in South Africa and combines more than 185 years of safety and fire expertise with state-of-the-art technology with a highly skilled workforce providing customers with absolute confidence in their fire and security systems. We are committed to ‘making South Africa safer together’ with all stakeholders and to use improved safety and technology as a catalyst for growth and job creation. Together with our shareholders and their vast entrepreneurial backgrounds we are confident of realising this dream. We have also increased focus on our guarding division providing our customers with a holistic solution and would like to create synergies between our customers and the new National brand with integrated value offerings in the commercial sector.
We are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan workload according to monthly set deadlines
- Responsible for the accurate and on time input of employee information.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly salary batch inputs into the payroll system
- Ensure the accurate and on-time processing of the payroll month-end procedures
- Review payroll documentation for completeness and ensure adherence to company and departmental standards, policies and procedure
- Responsible for the accurate inputs and calculations of increases, earnings, deductions, perks tax, allowances, bonuses, BCEA leave movement of staff (transfers, promotion, resignations, retirements, death)
- Compile reports for submission to various departments
- Identify gaps with regards to governance and implement remedial actions
- Process non-statutory 3rd party monthly payments
- Action and maintain all garnishee deductions
- Keep record of all transactions/payments/ payments made to 3rd parties
- Print and distribute monthly pay slips, electronically and manually
- Prepare month-end reports for payroll reconciliations
- Do withdrawals from Pension/Provident Fund for terminated members
- Conduct self-audits
- Filing of all monthly payroll related documentation with proof and backup information for audit purposes
- Escalate non-compliance to the payroll manager where necessary
- Handle staff member pay queries in an amicable and professional manner
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Own transport
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and an understanding of the overall payroll system
- An understanding of legislative requirements i.e. SA Tax Act (PAYE), UIF Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Sectoral Determination for the Private Security Industry
- Strong knowledge and background on VIP Premier payroll system
- The person must be assertive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required in particular Excel
- Must be able to do accurate numeric calculations
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Easyroster experiece
SEND YOUR CV TO:
Private Bag X47,
Address: Cnr. Pheasant &, Pigeon St, Horison Park, Roodepoort, 1724