The SAPS hereby invites unemployed South African citizens to apply for the SAPS General Worker positions.
• Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
• Be a South African Citizen;
• A Grade 10(std 8) qualification will serve as an advantage;
• Basic literacy, numeracy, and communication skills. Be able to read and write;
• Willing to work extended hours when necessary;
• Fluency in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
• Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
• Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
• Maintaining a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with the cleaning of the SAPS premises assigned to, which may include either or both inner and outer parameters
• Performing tasks of a routine nature, such as dusting the environment
• Polish furniture and floors
• Vacuum carpets and mopping of tile floors
• Remove refuse
• Perform maintenance tasks in and around the assigned premises
• Clean bathrooms and kitchens
• Safekeeping and handling of a variety of aids in the cleaning of the premises
• Loading and unloading of goods
• Garden maintenance services
• Washing and cleaning of state vehicles, kitchenware, and utensils.
How to apply
Only the official application form will be accepted (Download the form above or obtain from SAPS recruitment offices). The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the
application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
• The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
• A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
• Copies of an applicant’s ID, Grade10 (Std 8) Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service
certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post.
• In view of coronavirus (COVID 19) Pandemic and DPSA instruction, the certification is not compulsory.
• SAPS Makhado STU, Limpopo ( Ref: LIM:17/3/2020)
• SAPS Bela Bela, Limpopo ( Ref: LIM:18/3/2020)
• SAPS Polokwane, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:5/3/2020)
• SAPS Marblehall, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:3/3/2020)
• SAPS Northam, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:4/3/2020)
• SAPS Provincial JOC, Polokwane, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:6/3/2020)
• SAPS Saselmani, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:8/3/2020)
• SAPS Seshego, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:9/3/2020)
• SAPS Siloam, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:10/3/2020)
• SAPS Marblehall STU, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:15/3/2020)
• SAPS Provincial POP, Polokwane, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:7/3/2020)
• SAPS Thohoyandou VCIU, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:11/3/2020)
• SAPS Provincial Supply Chain Management, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:13/3/2020)
• KwaNonqaba SAPS, Western Cape (Ref: WC 16/02/2020)
• SAPS Hlogotlou, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:20/3/2020)
• SAPS Zaaiplaas, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:12/3/2020)
• SAPS Musina VCIU, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:14/3/2020)
• SAPS Witpoort, Limpopo (Ref: LIM:19/3/2020)
Completed applications must be forwarded to:
Via email to: kobeT2@saps.gov.za (mailto:kobeT2@saps.gov.za) / MphelaMC@saps.gov.za (mailto:MphelaMC@saps.gov.za)
Via post to:
Provincial Head Human Resource Management:
South African Police Service
Private Bag X9428
Hand deliver: (Applications must be deposited into the box at the reception area)
44 Schoeman Street
Land Bank Building
Closing date: 24 July 2020
Inquiries: can be directed to the following people: Capt. Kobe/ PPO Nemaguvhuni at: (015) 290
• Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
• The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
• Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
• Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
• If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical
• Reference checking will be conducted on all shortlisted applicants.
• Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law
(Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005
(Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or
Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
• All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
• Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3
months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.