Office management and administrative duties
- Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of the executive including appointments, meetings and travel.
- Responsible for organizing of internal and external meetings on behalf of the executive ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations and agenda.
- Responsible for organizing executive travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications (including complaints) to executive’s office including phone calls, emails and walk-ins and direct them accordingly.
- Provide secretarial support for meetings, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments.
- Write and distribute comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Conduct research, draft and write high quality reports and presentations, as required by the executive.
- Communicate important updates and information to company employees as required by the executive were applicable.
- Provide executive and administrative support.
- Manage and review filing and office systems.
- Collate, file expenses and ensure that payments are processed timeously
- Manage ad hoc projects.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and other employees.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reasons for Interaction:
- Align on purpose and execution of duties
- Liaise with executives frequently to discuss their needs
- Liaise with employees for sourcing and sharing information
- Provide the necessary support to employees as required by the executive
- Delegate work to employees in the absence of the executive and on instruction
- Travel agents
- Service providers
Reasons for Interaction:
- Respond to customer requirements courteously and timeously
- Provide necessary information
- Address problems and direct complaints
- To arrange travel bookings and mitigate risks
- Ensure services are delivered according to required standards
- Follow through on actions
- Ensure processing of payments where required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Personal Assistant / Secretarial Diploma or Certificate
- A Bachelors’ degree is an advantage
- Sound Microsoft Office knowledge
- Advanced PowerPoint
- Sage VIP (Payroll) would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience with high efficiency and accuracy of typing and word
- Experience with complex telephone systems, conference calling facilities and internal telephone transfers
- Internet savviness
Years of Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Personal Assistant role
- 6+ years’ experience in an Executive Personal Assistant role
Skills and attributes
- Fluent in English
- Clerical skills
- Telephone skills
- Client Relations skills
- Designing and Maintaining Filing System
- Organizing Meetings
- Maintain Calendars
- Record Keeping
- Travel Arrangements
- Event Planning
- Preparing Reports
- Processing Expense Reports
- Taking Meeting Minutes
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Tact, diplomacy and good judgement
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively at all levels and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team Player
- Flexibility with regards to working hours – may be required to work overtime
- High levels of motivation and enthusiasm
- Strong worth ethic
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within tight time-frames and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously taking direction as needed
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to independently solve a range of ad hoc and recurring problems
- Be able to stay calm when interacting with others or in difficult situations
- Required to have a positive attitude
How To Apply
Applications must be sent to : 8 Woodlands Dr, Woodmead, Sandton, 2191