About the Employer
Thorburn Security Solutions is in search of a seasoned New Business Development Manager for Fire Detection and Integrated Systems . As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimize their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimize our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity. Should you be a seasoned Sales Engineer with Fire protection and detection products we would like to receive your application.
You will be responsible for securing securing profitable sales of the entire fire product portfolio and develop market inroads into the following product line:
• Fire Detection Systems
• Fire Products
• Fire Sprinklers
• Fire Servicing and Maintenance
• Fire Monitoring Servicing
• Identify and develop sales opportunities, incorporating extensive cold calling activities, in order to maximise growth within the various identified market segments.
• Increase market share by developing an active customer installer base, certified in the installation of the products.
• Achieve sales targets , pipeline and forecast management
• Provide commercial Business Development Consultancy support by way of system designs solutions offering of integrated
• Develop sales drives, initiatives and opportunities with end-user which includes elements of project management.
• Facilitate technical support telephonically, or on-site as the need arises.
• Monitor and report on sales activities and provide relevant management information
• Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys as directed by management
• Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions and divisions as necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
• Ensure highest possible customer service standards are maintained always
• Supply chain liaison with regards to service delivery and communication with all concerned to ensure successful delivery of product and services.
• Comply with company policies and procedures
Skills and Competencies
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position within Fire protection and detection.
• Have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of its, design installation and servicing.
• Fully understand the legislated norms and standards surrounding the products. Increase market share by developing an active customer installer base, certified in the installation of the products.
• Sound knowledge of the Security industry preferable
• Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Should ideally be able to demonstrate success and experience in dealing with large companies and achieving genuine sales growth
• Ability to work without supervision and with high level of integrity
• Experience of tenders is imperative
• Available to travel nationally and regionally as and when required to engage with Customers.
• Tertiary qualification (Preferably in Sales and or Marketing )
• Traceable sales target achievements
• Minimum SAQCC Registration as a Designer
• Minimum of 5 years in both Installation and Design
• Minimum of two different supplier certifications
• Minimum Certification in suppression gas design and installation
• Minimum Certification in Foam suppression
Send your applications to : 7 Arnold Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196