G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Cost Accountant based at our operations in Centurion.
The main Purpose of Position:
The review and analysis of labour costs from actual operational trading and for prospective clients and calculating of costing for tenders and national quotes.
Key performance Areas
Analyzing wages, cost lines and overtime
- Conduct monthly reviews of wage cost.
- Analyze cost trends and submit proposals around cost control.
- Analyze and verify actual results for variances to previous reporting periods, or to identify inaccuracies.
- Report on all discrepancies.
Updating of wage models and monthly sales prices
- Prepare Monthly sales prices and communicate to sales teams.
- Updating and maintaining wage models with SD increases.
Prepare quotes for national tenders and assist regional sales teams with quotes
- Act as a liaison between the bid team and FM’s.
- Investigate potential cost-saving initiatives to reduce tender pricing.
- Provide feedback to sales director and sales team.
Assist with budget and forecast process
- Compare budgeted/forecasted results to actual or expected results in order to identify inaccuracies.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks.
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels.
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/ committee/ representative/ management.
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace.
- Distribute safety information as and when required.
- Wear protective clothing all the time.
- Grade 12.
- 3 year Tertiary Financial Diploma or Degree.
- 2 to 5 Years management accounting experience and staff management experience would be deemed suitable for the level of the position.
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial controls and audit standards.
- Knowledge of how to perform and review reconciliations.
- Knowledge of how to implement financial controls.
Skills and Attributes
- MS Office Computer skills (Excel Advanced)
- Analytical skills
- Working with complexity
- Planning and Coordination
- Managing conflict
- Delivering strategy
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally
- Awareness of the market environment.
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and cooperating
Package & Remuneration
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Send your CV to:
Cnr Jean Avenue & Olivenhoutbosch Avenue, 0028 Gauteng, South Africa